What are veneers?
Veneers are essentially a cover for the front of the tooth that changes the shape, color, and size of a tooth. Veneers are permanently cemented on and, for the most part, never removed. Most people will require the front of the tooth to be shaved down slightly to have a veneer put on, but some people may qualify for no-prep veneers, which does not change or shave the tooth at all.
What can Veneers help?
Veneers are used to correct a multitude of cosmetic issues, including:
- Teeth that are discolored and resistant to teeth whitening can be hidden by veneers.
- Worn down or uneven teeth can be made to look uniform by veneers.
- Veneers can also cover up gaps between teeth for a seamless smile.
- Misaligned teeth can be camouflaged by veneers. In fact, veneers are sometimes called “instant orthodontics” because they can take a smile from crooked to perfectly straight in just a couple of trips to the dentist.
- Teeth that have been chipped, broken, or otherwise damaged can also be readily covered up by veneers.
Find out more about getting a perfect smile through this cosmetic dentistry procedure and others that we offer by calling GB Dental in Houston.